A recent study suggests that more than 65% of the Fortune 500 companies and (since the beginning of the last decade) many Indian companies including several MNCs in India have designed or re-designed their HR practices based on competency modeling.
The actual building of the Competency Models and then its implementation in an organization has always remained a challenge owing to the fact that the exercise requires not only time and resources but also competent facilitators. Moreover, the approach of developing competency model and its effective implementation differs with organizations. Many organizations have relied on the services of consultants to accomplish this. Therefore, there is a need for Human Resources and other professionals to understand the distinct approach and the detailed methodologies involved in building Competency Model, Competency Mapping and Measurement tools to be used during the process so that they effectively integrate and implement the contemporary HR policies and practices in their organizations.
Location & Date
- 17th - 18th June
- Salahkaar Consultants, Office # 2A and 2B, Pillar Homes, Opp. Silver Line Society, Near Ganpati Chowk, Viman Nagar, Pune 411 014, India. Landmark: Behind Fortune Inn Jukaso Hotel.
For India: Rs.7000/-
About Cancellation Policies
For Other Countries: $300
The actual building of a Competency Models and then its implementation in an organization, however, has always remained a challenge owing to the fact that the exercise requires not only time and resources but also competent facilitators. Moreover, the approach of developing competency model and its effective implementation differs with organizations. Therefore, there is a need for Human Resources and other professionals to understand the distinct approach and the detailed methodologies involved in building Competency Model, Competency Mapping and its Measurement tools as well as its uses in various HR and other functions like talent management and maintaining technical skills.That means, this workshop is aimed at making participants :
- Able to understand the approach and methodologies of competency study design.
- Able to get general idea of competency model building & mapping process, and
- Experience the process of competency mapping and profiling and apply them in their organization.
- Learn the art of customization and institutionalization of Competencies in an organizational context.
- Able to integrate competency data into various HR processes.
- Develop awareness about the implementation pre-requisites and strategies for talent management by competencies identification.
- Better oriented to Competency Mapping.
- Introduction to the concept of Competency
- What is Competency Mapping?
- Historical background of the concept and methods of Competency Mapping
- Advantages of Mapping Competency
- Competency Mapping- its nitty-gritty
- Who should be involved?
- What Tools to be used?
- Competency Model development:
- Studying scalable properties of Competencies and Designing Scales.
- Defining Performance Effectiveness Criteria- Identifying Criterion Sample.
- Data Collection Process.
- Data Analysis and validating of Competency Model.
- Competency Mapping Exercises.
- Selecting methodology for competency Assessment.
- Identifying & applying various Measurement Tools.
- In-Basket Exercise
- Case analysis as a measurement tool
- BEI (Behavioral Even Interview (BEI)
- Group discussions
- Psychometric tools
- Business Games
- Helps to translate the organization's vision and goals into expected employee behavior.
- Helps implement more effective and legally defensible recruitment, selection and assessment methods.
- Reduces recruitment cost.
- Properly implemented reduces absenteeism.
- Reduces training cost.
- Reduces turn over.
- Improves performance and there by profitability.
- Reinforce corporate strategy, culture, and vision.
- Improve job satisfaction.
- Provide common organization wide vision strategies.
- Identify performance criteria to improve the accuracy and ease of the hiring and selection process.
- Provide more objective performance standards.
- Clarify standards of excellence for easier communication of performance expectations to direct reports.
- Provide a clear foundation for dialogue to occur between the manager and employee about performance, development, and career-related issues.
Two days of six hours of input sessions on each day
It will be mixed package of interactive sessions employing a combination of discussion and presentations, psychometric inventories, group exercises, in-basket exercises, case studies, business games, Behaviour Event Interviews,(BEI) ,question & answers sessions, etc.
Directors, Senior Managers, Executives, Officers, Consultants, Trainers from HR and non-HR functions.
You would be provided widely experienced faculty having combination of industry and academic world. Partial list of our associates is here http://salahkaarconsultants.com/expertise/