The “Way Forward” may simply mean a vision and strategy to take thing beyond the present and achieve excellence. For example, the Canadian initiative to “Way Forward” is a wide-ranging strategy led by PWGSC to find innovative ways to deliver services smarter, faster and at reduced cost, and to improve how the Government of Canada does business. It is committed to improving the management of PWGSC based on the principles of transparency, accountability and the highest ethical conduct in how they do business.
Here, the present program focusses on the behavioral dimensions of moving beyond by developing peoples’ understanding, laying down a clear path to move forward with commitment to ensure success – to turn the vision into reality.
Location & Date
- 17th - 18th June
- Salahkaar Consultants, Office # 2A and 2B, Pillar Homes, Opp. Silver Line Society, Near Ganpati Chowk, Viman Nagar, Pune 411 014, India. Landmark: Behind Fortune Inn Jukaso Hotel.
For India: Rs.7000/- About Cancellation Policies
For Other Countries: $300
The Present Training Program aims to realize the following objectives:
- Understand the behavior of people around them,
- Identify a clear direction for the team to move forward,
- Sharpen their planning and meeting skills,
- Create a solid direction and plan for moving forward through commitment, and
- Understand the roles they play in ensuring the success of the vision.
Topics To Be Covered
- Understanding Self and Others
- Johari Window
- Managerial roles and responsibilities
- How to set goals
- How to create goal oriented teams
- Achieving personal and group goals with commitment
- Managing meetings
- Planning and coordination to achieve targets
- Action plan
What Will Participants Gain?
- Participants will gain deeper understanding of their own and others’ behavior and intentions.
- Participants will be able to understand group dynamics and the nature of the teams working with them.
- They (participants) will be able to chart out clear group goals and draw a path to achieve them with commitment and involvement.
- After the program, the participants should be able to plan and manage meetings effectively.
- Participants should be able to understand their respective roles and relate them to the vision of their organization.
The program will employ a package of methodology with hands on experiential and interactive sessions employing a combination of tests, exercises, games, question & answer sessions, etc. with the help of audio-visuals like LCD, Films, Case analysis etc.
Two days (6 hours per day)
The program will be useful for all levels but will especially help the Managers & Supervisors. In the interest of the effectiveness of the program, the number of participants may not exceed 20.
You would be provided widely experienced faculty having combination of industry and academic world. Partial list of our associates is here http://salahkaarconsultants.com/expertise/